Guild Meeting February 28, 2023, via Zoom
The Guild’s February meeting is two weeks from now. Our program for the meeting is “Setts and All Their Glory” with Susan Conover. This is Susan’s newest presentation and is filled with oodles of pertinent information for the hand weaver when it comes to obtaining the proper sett for your next project.
The beginning of the talk contains reed maintenance (carbon and stainless steel), including storage solutions and rusty reed prevention and repair. Plus, a nifty conversion chart for Imperial vs. metric reed sizing. Susan then moves into the nitty-gritty with:
- Reed Substitution Charts
- The Master Yarn Chart
- Yarn Wrappings
- Stretchy, stiff, and handspun yarns-Obtaining the correct sett
- Number of times that the weft intersects the plane of the cloth in one repeat
- Firm setts, slippery yarn setts, and drapey setts
- Calculating your shrinkage in both warp and weft
- A cameo project will be a sett sampler in plain weave and twill
So mark your calendar now for 7:00 PM, Tuesday, February 28, 2023. This meeting is via Zoom only.
Guild Meeting February 28, 2023, via Zoom — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>